Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finals Week: not as bad as I make it out to be

I only have two finals so I shouldn't complain about being stressed. But I am. Right now. I've had so much due this week that I am almost numb. I wrote two huge papers and gave a presentation on X-Ray Fluorescence and how I used it at the Chazen to analyze the composition of Roman coins. If I were a Roman history expert, this paper would have been a breeze. Alas, I am not, and I spent the last few days this week learning about Constantine I, Gratian, Constantius II, Arcadius, Honorius, Valentinian, etc. Also, because it seems to happen to me whenever I go to Memorial Library and visit the secret 4th floor study area that requires a key, it rained.

Ronnie made me feel really good today and yesterday. It was nice to have him offer to help me any way that he could with my huge paper on coins, and also have him appologize for not putting my checks in the bank and offer to do it tomorrow. Warmness and fuzziness burgeon within me when he is so sweet.

I am getting extremely excited to go to Greece. In about two weeks I'll be in Athens! Woot!!

We had our Classics Reception on Thursday where I was formally awarded my scholarship (the Gertrude E. Slaughter Fellowship for Study Abroad). There will be pictures to follow!

This is also breaking news: I got an iPod Touch! I've been saving up all of the Target gift cards I've gotten all year at work and used them to buy the 16g model. How much did it cost me out of pocket? $1.49. Amazing.

I cleaned my room, finished A Thousand Splendid Suns (which I found less interesting than the Kite Runner though I like the character development), and am planning to leave the living room in general disarray by means of library books everywhere. It's been a pretty good day. Cait's dad stopped by. It was nice seeing him again - he is hilarious and reminds me a lot of my own dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment