Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Day, New Badges

It's been a while since I updated my Google News Badges, so I'd say it's time to show off my shiny new ones. Here's the whole collection:


You'll see that there a few new ones mixed in there, and that some have (surprisingly) moved up the ranks while others leave me wondering how they got there in the first place.

Let me break it down for ya:
Platinum Badge: Space (46 articles)
Gold Badge: Mobile Industry (42), Google (36), and Apple (36)
Silver: Android (28), Steve Jobs (16), Kristen Stewart (10)
Bronze: Politics (20), Music (14), iPhone (13), Nutrition (10), Netflix (9), Mitt Romney (8), Justin Bieber (8), Kindle (8), Kim Kardashian (7)

Whew! Just today I noticed a new Mitt Romney badge and a Nutrition badge. As of late I've been reading a lot of articles about the President and health, but I never imagined getting those two badges as a result. Weird....

So here is the full list of known badges:
Android
Apple
Barack Obama
Blackberry
Business
Chicago White Soxs
Dell
Democrats
Dominican Republic
Finance
Germany
Google
Groupon**
Harry Potter
Harry Reid
Hulu
India**
iPhone
Iran
Justin Bieber
Kim Kardashian
Kindle
Kristen Stewart
Lady Gaga*
Lebanon
Libya
Microsoft
Mitt Romney
Mobile Industry
Motorola
Music
NATO
Netflix
Nokia
Nutrition
Politics
Rand Paul
Republicans
Russia
Samsung
Skype**
Sports**
Somalia
Space
Steve Jobs
Stock Market
Sun
Syria
Tea Party
The Phillippines
Ukraine
US Elections
Warren Buffett
*See citation here
** See citation here

If you think these blog posts about the badges are egotistical, that's ok. I think it's fun to see which new ones come out and how they are earned and what divides badge levels from one another. I know, I need a better hobby. But between teaching, work, and school, this is all I have time for!

No comments:

Post a Comment