Friday, February 17, 2012

On the Calendar: Dirty Girl Mud Run

I just signed up for a mud run in August! Woo-Hoo! I'm really excited to be getting out there again and doing an event, especially one that looks so fun!
It will probably be me, Lynn, Jen, and Lauren participating in the Hartland area Dirty Girl Mud Run on August 19th at the Camp Whitcomp-Mason campgrounds. (This is where we went to camp in 4th and 5th grade, so let the nostalgia and reminiscing begin!)

This little 5k will be something fun to train for and it'll kick me into gear regarding how I'm going to keep up with my fitness. I've been very diligent about working out at least 3 times per week at the Princeton Club (got a sweet Groupon there) but my membership expires 2/29/12 and I simply can't afford $44/mo for the next year, or $36/mo for the next two years. So, I'm looking into taking Zumba (my favorite class EVER!) through the local parks and rec. department or lately, a co-worker has been trying to talk me into doing a 10 week fitness challenge through FXB. It sounds like fun and is about $300 or so, and might be easier to commit to going to a class that meets 6 times per week than just going to an open gym and having to work out on my own. We'll see.

Next goal: to give up soda. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment