Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinterest and Styleboards

So you may have noticed that I've taken a break from blogging. That's what happens when your life is consumed by work, school, teaching, and going to the Club (Princeton Club is a local gym where I scored a 2 month membership for only $50!). This weekend has been busy, in a good way, and today I thought I'd browse Pinterest. I've been on there for a while and within the last two weeks, I swear that every girl I know on facebook has started following me and my boards (along with, of course, every other girl on Pinterest). Where I once thought I was in a utopia of breathtaking images, inspiring attire, and beautiful baubles there is now an abundance of self-promotion ("Check out my jewelry on Etsy!") and feverish pinning (sort of a "Look what I found! I saw it first!" attitude with seemingly haphazard pinning) that have come to clutter the field. That isn't to say that these types of pins are caused by my facebook friends, but since the bandwagon is overflowing, everyone seems to want to hitch up another wagon and hop on before it's too late. On the other hand, when you refresh the page you will see a barrage of unique images every time that you might not have otherwise seen or considered pinning in the first place!

Anyway, I digress. My point was, that rather than repin a cute sweater for the 10,000th time, I decided to explore something relatively unknown to me: Styleboards. While I may have been in the know about Pinterest when it was just beginning to catch on, I am only recently exploring styleboards and creating them on Kaboodle. Just for fun, I created this one (see below) which I call "Daytime Romantic". Fun, flirty, and casual elegance define this look.


Daytime...
Kaboodle
Daytime... by mlmillard



I should probably note that posting this board is not for shameless self-promotion, but rather, I can't find a way to pin it onto one of my Pinterest boards without hosting the image elsewhere (which will inevitably cause unintended self-promotion) :). Maybe the self-promoters and "I pinned it first" pinners aren't so bad after all; I mean, the point of Pinterest is to collect images of the things you love and cause inspiration (and maybe some people's inspiration comes from pinning like mad!).

I'm sure there are more styleboards in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment