Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ghosts, Dragons, and National Geographic

Remember how I was saying that our stovetop randomly caught fire the other day? Well, apparently my parents would rather replace the entire range than deal with a perhaps faulty burner. It is my belief, and my father's, that a ghost may have been involved in the sudden fire. My dad went next door and talked to Bill, the neighbor, to see if anyone died in this house. Turns out someone did! Before we lived here, there was a middle-aged couple who lived here for only two years. Before them, a family named the Weirs resided here, until Leona, the mother, passed away. If her ghost were here, it would explain a whole lot. Like the fire and the coffin-sized forms in the backyard. I secretly hope there really is a ghost. Freaky things happen here sometimes. And I like to be scared, so long as knives aren't thrown at me like in 13 Ghosts.

So this Dungeons and Dragons thing is getting eh. I don't know. My character sheet for the games we were playing with Ronnie, Ryan, Scott, Jose, Mike, and Jack is lost so I have two choices: start over or simply watch. No thanks. I'm not starting over. So, I'm going to only play the newer version game with most of the same crew. I really liked having a camel, though.


I've decided what I want to do with my life. I would really like to work for National Geographic as a writer/photo journalist. That means I'll be in school for a while longer. I may have to get a PhD in order to get a good job. I'll get a Master's and then see what happens before I commit myself to such an incredible undertaking. I plan on becoming an archaeologist - so working in Cultural Resource Management wouldn't be so bad, but being a part of National Geo would be absolutely incredible - a dream job! This summer I'll be at Parks and Rec again (I start Monday) and maybe DeRango's - if they decide to rehire me. I really need to the money, so I'm willing to work in food service yet again if I have to.

Lately I've been feeling like no matter what I do, I'm not important at all to Ronnie. I mentioned to him that I'm trying to eat around 1600 calories/day because I've been eating too much for the amount of work I'm doing. He got upset saying that starving yourself isn't healthy and whatnot - but I don't think he understands what I was saying. Basically, I've been rather sedentary while consuming many of the same foods and quantities - so eating less is NOT going to hurt. But this is just an example of what has been upsetting me lately. I feel like he doesn't care about me as much as he used to. No matter what I do, I feel like he criticizes me. It would be one thing if he seemed concerned, but he doesn't. I think it might be this way because I've literally seen him every day this summer. It's hard to appreciate someone when you see them all the time. So I'm going to stop calling him and see if he calls me. It'll be hard. But he never calls me. I just need proof that he cares since right now I'm not feeling the love. We didn't do anything special for our anniversary, and that didn't help me feel appreciated at all. So what I'm looking for is for Ronnie to give me more love. I'm trying to get back into shape and I really need his support.

No comments:

Post a Comment