Sunday, June 1, 2008

Buckethead, a baptism, and d&d

So the past few days have been fun. Last night me, Ronnie, Mike, Laura, Andy, and Karey went downtown to Riversplash to see Buckethead. Quite an experience. We managed to park for only $4 but when we got there a bottle of water was $3. So it goes. Anyway, in case anyone is not familiar with this fellow, he wears a KFC bucket on his head and plays metalish music (he plays Jordan from Guitar Hero). To be honest, the show got to be long since all of the songs sounded the same. I have to say that I was impressed by his skill though. His endurance was incredible; he played his whole set straight through with only two breaks, which isn't bad for an hour and a half long set. As was expected, being underage meant having to deal with walking down Water St. and not being able to get into any bars, but tons of drunk people on the streets. I guess my point is that when I'm 21 hopefully I will be able to get more out of it. The fireworks were cool, and made a nice intermission.

I forgot to mention that that was Ronnie's first concert. Ever. Crazy.

Today Ronnie became a godfather! Ryan and Yvonne's baby was baptized today and afterwards we all went over to their new apartment to celebrate. I broke down and had my third soda of the summer (how can one resist orange soda?) while again, everybody but Ronnie, Mike, and I drank. I have little desire to drink, but it's annoying knowing that I can't. I ate a lot of tortilla chips and pretzels. My favorite thing about pretzels: eating a ton of them at once. Let me explain: I like to eat them one at a time and not swallow until my mouth is full of chewed-up pretzels. Then I swallow. It's so much better than eating and swallowing them immediately. Try it. You'll like it.

Tomorrow we're all going over to Ryan's to play some D&D. At least I know about it this time. Last time Ronnie didn't even tell me they were playing. Nice. It really sucks being left out. But that was over a week ago, and thus, I am (mostly) over it. We (me, Ronnie, Mike, Jose, Scott, Jack, and Ryan, obviously) are starting bright and early at 11 am. There'll be a cookout, which will be fun. I've had smore stuff with me for over a week since we haven't all had a chance to get together since the last time everyone cooked out at Eric's.

Notice how I haven't hung out with any girls this summer? Me too. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment