Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bernie Mac - gone, but certainly not forgotten

Well, friends, it seems that this morning Bernie Mac passed away due to complications of pneumonia. I mistakenly thought he was in remission, and was obviously surprised to hear this news. I'm quite saddened and regret not watching the Bernie Mac Show last night because I was tired. Promise me that you check out the Bernie Mac Show at the least - it's well worth your time. You might even start using phrases he uses and start calling people "baby girl."



I finally got a new phone! It's a Palm Centro, and thus far I love it! It's blue (although Ronnie mentioned that he preferred the black). I've been playing around on it since I got it last week and it's addicting. I'm using it as my personal planner as well as a phone. It hooks up to my laptop so I can easily upload info from my calendar on my computer to my phone. I'm amazed how far phones have come since my last phone (which perished in my car - the official cause of "death" was water damage due to the humidity). Anyway, I'm so excited about it that I have to go in a minute to add an appointment to my calendar. Oh to feel businessy....

Yesterday was Holly and Brian's wedding. All I can say is "wow." It was incredible. My dad especially liked the service since it was brief. I thought the reception was really nice since it was at Maggiano's at Mayfair. There was a pasta bar! I, being boring, chose fettuccine with marinara sauce, but there were other things you could have put in for the chef to cook. The drinks were around $8 each, so I settled with soda (which started off at $3 a glass!) which was free. It was really nice getting to see family I haven't seen in a long, long time. Something I observed, however, was that the only people under 21 at the reception included me, the flower girl, the ring bearer, and my cousin's two children. I didn't really care since I didn't bring enough money to even afford a drink, but it was a pitiful observation. Another realization: Steven and I are the only people on my dad's side to not be married and us and Liz are the only people on my mom's side not to be married (with the exception of my uncle Brian).

I'm excited to be moving in soon! I find myself missing Katie E. an awful lot. I didn't realize how much I would miss her, but I really do. I think a lot of it is because we were roommates freshman year, and lived together last year. I'm hoping that when I go up to Madison (either tomorrow or Wednesday) that I get to see her. I'm also excited to see my roommates for next year! There are people I'm not so excited to see, but I don't have to see them unless I want to. And I don't. So there.

Since I'm addicted, I'm going to go play on my phone now. Forget about Dark Cloud. I have Klondike!

No comments:

Post a Comment