Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Lappy is sad :(

Before I begin, I have to brag about the new shoes I just bought. They're gorgeous! They only cost me $56 but retail for $185! Ridiculous! They're absolutely mint and I can't wait to wear them out with the new blue top I bought. Anyway, they took my mind off of everything just long enough that it's just now that I'm remembering all the problems my laptop is causing me.

So sometime during that party we had last week, my laptop decided to make a fool of itself and disprove all of the wonderful things I've ever said about it. It's now slow and the sound won't work. Well, it works, but it's so choppy and cracks so much that it might as well not work at all. I'm actually asking for help now: someone, anyone, please figure out what's wrong with Lappy. She's sad because she can't play videos anymore because they skip or fail to load in under a few minutes. This is so unlike her! I used to have the best Lappy in the world with an amazing graphics card and processor, but now....I'm heartbroken once more. I refuse to buy a new Lappy. Since the whole system is running slow now too, it's hard to do much of anything. Here's what I've done so far:

-Ran chkdsk /f because I was prompted to do so.
-Tried to defragment but was told that it was unnecessary by Lappy
-Reinstalled the sound drivers
-Tried to use headphones to see if the speakers were blown but they made no difference
-Almost cried

And thus, here I am now. I'm so distracted by how many bug bites I have that at least my laptop problems are currently overshadowed. I just noticed that my spellchecker on Firefox is not working. Perhaps someone who has the new 3.0 version knows why this is. I'm just about to install my XP service pack 3 so who knows what fun this will add to all that I already have.

That's it. I'm going to Target. Maybe I'll buy more shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment