Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things that are UNDERrated

Some people just aren't living their lives to the fullest. Why not? Because they're missing out on these gems:

1. George Lopez and Bernie Mac

-I know, I know. A lot of people are watching or doing "something better" at 11 pm CST on
weeknights. Give these guys a try! I love the Hispanic hilarity every night on George Lopez. His jokes are similar to those my friends might make, so it's like we're BFF. Now Bernie Mac is a favorite for a different reason. I like that his eyes look different directions when he talks. And while I'm on the subject of the way he talks, I like that too. These guys are way too funny to be on during prime time while quaint families are enjoying shows like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars, which is why their timeslots are 11 pm and 11:30 pm, respectively.


2. Red Robin
-You don't have to tell me that it's pricey here. But if you sign up for the birthday club you
do get a free burger (a $9 value) the week of your birthday. Ronnie and I recently went and their fries are heavenly, and unlimited. UNLIMITED???? Yes! Unlimited! I think I've finally found my favorite restaurant. The chicken strips were delicious and unforgettable. Maybe my mom wants to go with me now...hmmm.

3. Sci-Fi as a genre

-So I showed Ronnie a recent Netflix movie my parents picked out: a disc from the first season of the Outer Limits. It was pretty hilarious. The episode we watched began with tumbleweeds attacking people, and then frogs, and finally boulders. It wasn't bad for being from 1964. Otherwise, I'm generally a fan of sci-fi movies from the days when special effects were in their infancy as well the newer movies. Some are better than others, of course. But don't hate just yet. Check out this list of sci-fi movies from IMDB and I'm sure you'll find that many are already some of your favorites: Best & Worst Sci-Fi titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment