Monday, February 9, 2009

A bittersweet cacophony

I have to vent. There are some songs on the radio that are just awful. I drive around the city for work and have a hard time not just giving up and switching to my Meteora CD. I really can't stand some of them, and here in Madison we have only a small variety of radio stations to choose from. In fact, to put it in perspective, here is a link just to prove how pitiful the stations offered here are. All I want is something comparable to FM 102.1 (which we have in Oak Creek). Yet there's nothing here that even comes close (don't let the website linked above fool you - the "alternative" stations are a mix of classic rock and metal and perhaps even classic metal).

Anyway, here are some songs that should be permanently removed from the radio, and why:
  1. Single Ladies - Beyonce. Just a really annoying song that I've never enjoyed. If I were a boy (get it? lol) I would definitely not put a ring on it, nor would I allow a song this annoying to make it onto a CD.
  2. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz. Overplayed - remember "Hey There Delilah?" yeah...exactly.
  3. Just Dance - Lady GaGa. Kind of a trashy song. I've also never like this one.
  4. If I were a Boy - Beyonce. Really? I can hardly imagine Sasha Fierce as a boy, and this song just seems fake and emotionless. Not to mention it's simply boring.
  5. Womanizer - Britney Spears. I have to admit that this song used to be catchy, but then I realized how often she said "womanizer" and got tired of it. Quickly.
  6. Gives You Hell - The All -American Rejects. I've been an AAR fan since before high school, but the poor grammar in this song and the fact that it's played ad nauseum puts this song on the list.
I don't mean to be picky, but I don't like country or gangsta rap and prefer alternative, pop, and embarrasingly, motown and disco. I really want to host a disco party. Or a Michael Jackson party. I wonder if anyone would come?

On another note: Jessica Simpson is not fat!

For fun, I signed up for a triathlon today! It's at UW-Whitewater, so if you go there let me know and I'll visit you! I'm going out there on Saturday, April 26th so that I don't have to drive out the morning of the event. So far it's April and Ben (perhaps a couple? who knows?), Kara, and probably Cait, Beth and Elyse Wojo. Here's the link: http://www.j-hawks.org/Tri/Tri.aspx. Let me know if you want to do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment