Sunday, March 8, 2009

Snow - again??

I was just getting used to this lovely springtime weather when Mother Nature decided that she was just going to tease us all and bring back the snow. I am growing tired of the dreary mornings filled with snow on the ground, meaning that riding my bike is next to impossible. Even a few days ago when it was muddy I was happier. I guess I'm back to wearing my yucky winter shoes.

This weekend I went home. It was nice to be back - and I definitely surprised my parents when I was sitting at home reading when they got back from Sam's Club. My baby dog must have peed in the house about six times while I was home, which was naughty, but cute, since he only does that when he's really excited. My family and I went to Golden Corral on Saturday for lunch which was nice since I know my dad hasn't had much work lately. I swear we were served by Diego Luna. He had braces, but the Dirty Dancing charm was still there. Anyway, my dad was hilarious because he was the epitome of the "meat and potatoes" guy. He had chicken, catfish, steak, and cod, with a side of mashed potatoes and peach cobbler for dessert. Needless to say, I had a baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, a small salad (lettuce, lol) with Mandarin oranges, a small scoop of chocolate ice cream, four gummy bears, a packet of saltine crackers, spaghetti and sauce, pineapple tidbits, more Mandarin oranges, three onion rings, a tiny slice of apple pie, and a few tortilla chips. The mashed potatoes were amazing. They were probably my favorite part, unsurprisingly. Well, I guess that if you did not know that I began liking mashed potatoes this year, that would be surprising.

While home, I noticed that Mark Verhalen lost the primary for Oak Creek mayor, and Tommy didn't receive enough votes to move on to the election for alderman. I'm bummed about Tommy not making it, but it looks like he's going on a European tour, which will probably be more fun anyway! As far as the election for mayor goes, I really hope that Dick Bolender wins again. I can't stand what I've read of Dimity Grabowski through the common council minutes, and I think that Dick really has brought a lot of business into Oak Creek. (Not to mention a Sonic that has just been approved on Howell!). I just hope he wins the actual election!

I have a ton of stuff to do this week, including taking an exam for anthropology, writing a research paper on X-Ray fluorescence for my archaeological chemistry class, studying for a quiz on interesting case uses for Latin which is on Monday, and doing homework for Italian. I may not have mentioned it here, but I am taking Italian pass/fail so that I can better concentrate on my other three classes. I'm still getting an A in it (maybe I shouldn't have taken it pass/fail!) because it's not that bad after having ancient Greek, Spanish, and now Latin. But I think that if I stressed about making sure I did well in Italian, I would not be doing so well...really, I think so.

I'm really excited to watch the Amazing Race and the Apprentice tonight. I just hope that by 8pm tonight channel 15 (NBC) comes in. Gotta love digital....not.

P.S. My mom now has facebook. Updates will follow... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment