Saturday, March 21, 2009

My 100th post

So I've been in Madison since late Wednesday night in order to work Thursday and Friday. It was actually a lot of fun filling in for Jenny, who had a class all week. It seems that I'm the only person in Madison, so I decided that Thursday night I would take myself to a movie. I've done it before, so it wasn't weird or anything. I went and saw Coraline and bought a popcorn and Coke. I had a lot of fun! Weird movie though...

Yesterday, Friday, I decided that I would take myself to dinner. I went to the ever-classy Pizza Hut bistro. I got breadsticks and cheese pan pizza. The servers gave out free samples of chocolate dippers, which is essentially chocolate spread onto pizza crust, which sounds not so delicious. It was amazing. I don't think I'll ever buy it, but it made for a nice appetizer before my food came! The only thing that made me pause was the first few seconds upon entering the restaurant - the hostess said, "Table for one?" and I kind of felt bad for myself, being alone. I realized though, that I am, and always have been, able to have fun by myself, and do not necessarily need someone with me to go out and do something (though it is nice to have company!!).

Here are the classes I'm thinking about taking next semester: third semester Latin, Anthro 490 (artifact recording and analysis), Anthro 321 (Emergence of Human Cuture), Art History 505 (Cities of Vesuvius: Ancient Pompeii & Herculaneum). It's only 13 credits, but I only need 12 to graduate. Since I'm on scholarship and applying to grad school, it is to my advantage to take the spring semester to get ahead in my studies before grad school. Hopefully that will be somewhere warm!

Here's what I really wanted to get to: There's something going on with my friends from high school, and I don't know what's happened. Here's the background: Jenny got engaged and now lives back in Oak Creek. Dianah lives near enough to Oak Creek that she often hangs out with Jen. Erica goes to Parkside and I assume lives at home. I understand that the three of them are close, but I have been trying to get a hold of Dianah for a while now, without success. I guess I just wonder what happened, and why my texts, phone calls, and fb messages haven't been returned. Living out in Madison makes me kind of distant, which is why I assume Dianah and I lost touch over the past year. It would just be nice to know what happened between us since I miss her.

I actually called Jenny's house today. Why? I don't have her cell number, and I'm worried that having not spoken to her, Erica, or Dianah for a while that it will look like I'm trying to "get in" on her wedding. I know that that's an awful thought, but it seems legitimate. I mean, think about it: talking to someone you haven't spoken to since high school, trying to hang out with you or one of your close friends (Dianah) after you've announced your engagement. Looking back it seems really dumb to worry about. If I don't hear back from either one, I'm going to stop worrying about trying to reconnect with D. :/

I really miss Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment