Monday, October 13, 2008

nom nom nom nom

(That's the sound of me eating pretzels)

So I've been thinking that I might spend almost the entire summer in Greece if it means I can complete another class requirement. Here's a link to the program I'm considering in Athens: http://www.ascsa.edu.gr/index.php/excavationagora/summer


I know that if I leave and Ronnie and I get back together it would be unfair to be gone for so long, but I also know that if we decide to date again it would be because we want to spend the rest of our lives together, and one summer is nothing in the long run.

Life is enjoyable right now. Fall makes me hypersensitive to my feelings, meaning that I feel extra romantic and extra insightful and deep. In the spirit of autumn and the coming frost (pun intended) here are some of my favorite poems:
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
But I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep
and miles to go before I sleep

...I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.
This is another favorite of mine:
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

It doesn't matter which path you take to reach your goals, it only matters that you do your best to get there. By the time I'm 27 I want to be married so that I can have three beautiful children and watch them grow up as I grow old. I'd like to be able to study ancient Greece, and perhaps even write a few books. We should be dating.

We have twenty-four hours to figure out whether or not we are leasing our apartment again. I have a bad feeling that we need to sit down and talk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment