Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Everyone has them!

Ever had one of those days where you feel like crap? I'm having one of those days. :(

Here's how it all started....*begin flashback music*

I'm not going to lie, elections yesterday didn't do much for my self-esteem. I'll be over it in a week or so, but right now, it sucks. Not being re-elected makes me think that everyone thought I did a bad job this semester. I know, I know, "let's get other people into office." But honestly, if I did a good job, wouldn't it be fair to let me keep doing it? Steph brought up the point I was thinking about almost all night: Very rarely does this club reward members for staying in it. Finally, at elections every officer elected was a Brother who had been in for more than a semester. The main problem with my exec board this year was that no one had any experience, and only three of them had been Brothers before - the others had no idea what to do. I'm just hurt that I basically had to wing it all semester, and I feel like it takes a semester to get good at it. I'll be over it eventually.

So, I got home and there were terrible-looking pictures of me up on facebook. I look huge and not cute. Awesome.

Then, today in stats, I sat next to my new friends (who I met through discussion). We had an in-class exercise where you work with up to three other people, and it just so happens that there are three of us that sit next to each other. Of course, though, when it comes time to start the groupwork, the other two turn to the two people next to them and form a group. So, I turned to my left and asked to be in their group. They only wanted to work in a group of three. So I turned behind me and I asked if I could be in their group. Finally, they said yes, but I ended up doing the whole thing myself while they talked. Another great self-esteem boost.

To top it all off, I came from class and had to walk home in the rain. I kept my sunglasses on so I didn't get rain in my face, but my feet were soaking wet because I wore flip-flops. It was just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment