Sunday, May 11, 2008

Margs and Nugs

Move over, french fries, I may have a new favorite food. Yes, it's true. I know it may be hard to believe, but I am quite taken by these delicious "nuggets." Clever, huh? Wendy's chicken nuggets are made by the hand of God. It's evident by the golden coating they bear that only a higher power could have made them this perfect.

Now, McDonald's nugs on the other hand....much less delicious. Their odd coating and meat density do not make them a delicious treat. In fact, I would choose to eat just fries instead of them.

Liz and I had a delicious breakfast yesterday morning at McDonald's at 11:30 am consisting of a total of 20 nugs, one large fry, and a huge drink. This morning, we joined Josh for an upscale dining adventure at Wendy's, which to me, should be synonymous with Mt.Olympus (the most holy place ever, according to the Greeks). I managed to eat another meal of nugs, and it was everything I could have asked for. If only I could enjoy those delicious nugs right now....mmmm

So onto the Margs. What are margs? Why they are margaritas. Liz and I created a most delicious one from kool-aid. The recipe we invented below is for two large Pop's Cups worth (or 3 good-sized cups worth). Everybody loves them!
  • .75 L water
  • 3/4 tray of regular-sized ice cubes
  • pre-mixed strawberry (or alternative) kool-aid flavor in powdered form - use amount necessary to make 1 qt. kool-aid
  • splash of tequila
  • splash of UV cherry
  1. Add water, ice to blender
  2. Pour in kool-aid powder
  3. Add tequila and UV
  4. The blender should be almost full, so put cap on and set to "ice crush" for about 15-20 seconds. We recommend putting a towel on top, just in case.
  5. Serve and enjoy!
Margs and Nugs = <3

No comments:

Post a Comment